CCPA Notice for California CONSUMERS
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
While AVITA Medical does not generally collect or store information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household (“Personal Information”), it is possible that AVITA Medical may have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers through our websites, services, or by other means within the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers such as
- Unique personal identifier (e.g., device ID, online identifier)
- Internet Protocol address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Account name
- Social security number
- Driver’s license number, or
- Other similar identifiers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California/federal law (e.g., age, race, sex, medical condition, etc.)
- Financial information, including credit card numbers
- Commercial information (e.g., purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, interaction with our website, etc.)
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (e.g., call recordings)
- Professional, employment-related, or other similar information
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
In some instances, Personal Information may be provided to us from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from consumers’ interactions with us, including with our devices, applications, websites, services, and representatives
- Publicly available sources
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we may have used or disclosed the Personal Information we collected for either our operational purposes or for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To provide products and services to consumers
- To respond to consumer requests
- To contact consumers with information about clinical trials and marketing communications
- To research, develop, and improve products or services
- To monitor and maintain the quality or safety of our products and services
- To conduct audits and perform troubleshooting activities of our websites, products, and services
- To detect and protect against security incidents and deceptive, malicious, or fraudulent activity
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Categories of Personal Information We Never Collect or Sell
- We do not sell Personal Information of California consumers.
- We do not collect or sell Personal Information of minors.
Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
Right to Access. If you are a California consumer, you have the right to ask us to send you the following information up to two times in a twelve-month period:
- The categories of personal data we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal data
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal data
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
- What categories of personal data we disclose about you for business purposes
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
Right to Delete. If you are a California consumer, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data about you we have collected.
Right to Opt-out. AVITA Medical does not sell Personal Information to third parties. However, should it ever do so, California consumers have the right, at any time, to opt out of such sale or disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties.
Right to Non-Discrimination. If you exercise your privacy rights, we will not discriminate against you, for example, by charging you different prices for the same products or denying you access to our services.
We will make every reasonable effort to fulfill your request, but in some instances may deny the request if the information meets certain exceptions as defined in the CCPA.
Submitting a Request or Inquiry
If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request or inquiry to us regarding your California rights, you or your authorized agent can contact us at [email protected]. An “authorized agent” is a third-party you have designated to perform your request for you. Before helping you or your agent, we may ask to verify your identify or the identify of your authorized agent.
We will disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge within 45 days or receiving a verifiable request. If we need more than 45 days, we will notify you that your request is being delayed.
Last update: July 15, 2022